Thursday 23 July 2015

Easy as 1, 2, 3 Lemon and Honey Face Mask


The weekend is almost here... and what better time to revive your skin than after a long week at work?

With a mini weekend break coming up myself, I want to look and feel as good as possible - which can be a little difficult after a few early shifts at work! A pamper night was a must... but half-way through the night I discovered I had used all my face masks (whoops). Not wanting to interrupt relaxation time with a trip to the store - and with a tight budget - I thought I might as well have a go at making one from scratch.

I took a risk and decided to improvise and make my own recipe. To keep things simple, I selected just 3 ingredients: honey, lemon and sugar. As well as relieving the symptoms of a bad cold, honey and lemon also make a fabulous skin soothing combo: they're both proven to clear acne - and lemon also has a tonne of vitamins which illuminate the skin and even reduce the appearance of scars. The sugar, on the other hand, is purely for exfoliation purposes - coffee grains are also really good for this, but I didn't think the smell would blend so well with the honey and lemon.

Admittedly it wasn't as good as a good shop-bought face mask - it was a little runny and expectedly sticky - but the recipe is so simple and after the face mask, my skin felt a lot smoother and it genuinely left me feeling a lot more lively than my 5.30 am start would imply.


Try the face mask for yourself and let me know what you think.

Ingredients:
 (relaxed measurements)
1 tbsp Honey
1 tsp Lemon
1 tsp Sugar
2 slices cucumber

Method:
1. Pour the honey in a small container and heat until luke-warm
2. Add the lemon and sugar
3. Apply a generous layer to your skin
4. Cover each eye with a slice of cucumber for extra revitalisation (and a tasty post-pamper snack!)



No comments:

Post a Comment