Thursday 27 August 2015

Help! It's the Twenty-First Century

Confession Time: one thing most people don't know about me is that I am pretty old-school when it comes to technology - I don't even know how to work the family TV!

At 20 years of age, I have a DVD collection of over 150 and am probably the only person you know who doesn't have a Netflix subscription. No, I am not a techno-phobe, but what happens when you're old and grey and you can't keep up with the latest Apple innovation? Or you lose your marbles and can't remember your password? Coming from a very close-knit family, I feel it's extremely important to have something tactile to tell your story or to show your grand-kids when the time comes. Technology has advanced so rapidly recently that many children grow up with a kindle as opposed to an actual book (yes,those things still exist!) and they have 'photos' saved on their phone rather than a genuine photograph you can hold in your hand. This leads to companies like Max Spielman struggling to make a profit which increases the price of having these genuine photographs developed... it is now £8 for less than 30 photos! As a student, and a self-confessed hauler when it comes to photographs, I can't really afford the cost to have my photos developed any more so what do I do?





I recently came across an app (yes, I have an iPhone) that makes life so much easier for the haulers like me: 'Free Prints'. Free Prints allows you to submit photos from your apple device to be printed AND sent to you for a delivery cost of a mere £1.49. What's the catch? You can 'only' print 500 photos a year... that is pretty tricky even for me. The app also allows you to easily crop photos to a size that suits you and alerts you if your photo has been cropped to an extent which might affect the quality of the photographs... You can even upload old photos from your Instagram page (with a filter that makes you look even more fabulous).


Make the memories last forever and get your marbles developed before you lose them. You no longer have the excuse for cost: make sure you have something to show the grand-kids! (...and something to burn when you break-up with your ex lol)


Ciao for now xo

P.S. Sorry Max Spielman



No comments:

Post a Comment