Sunday 27 December 2015

12 days of Christmas: Day 7, Best Blog Posts of 2015

2015 isn't quite over yet but as the holiday season continues, posts appear to be slowing down in the blogging community, so I'm posting this earlier than expected! Here's a round up of my favourite blog posts from this year. Extremely varied in theme, the posts demonstrate my eclectic personality so this should hopefully enable you to get to know me better. I think I'm going off on a tangent now, distracted by 'Now that's What I Call Disney' (a Christmas gift) playing in the background so I'll get started.

*Phillip Schofield impression* In no particular order:

1. Miss Rosie Bea - Make-up collection and Storage.
Find Rosie's blog-post here: http://msrosiebea.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/my-makeup-collection-and-storage.html
Or subscribe to her YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MsRosieBea/featured

I have a LOT of make-up. I'm no make-up artist, I'm just a hoarder. Although this was posted towards the end of 2014, Rosie's post affected my New Year's Resolutions for 2015 in that her extreme OCD make-up storage inspired me to be more organised myself. Starting with my make-up, I threw away those old foundations that had been opened for years - and would probably turn my skin green if I used them again. I got my own make-up storage units that were a little more 'me' and I haven't lost a lipstick since!

2. Psyco Puff - Just do It.
Find Psyco Puff's blog-post here: https://psycopuff.wordpress.com/

The author of Psyco Puff is one of my oldest and bestest friends, Levi. After hearing Levi talk about how he dreams of a successful blog and YouTube channel for as long as I can remember, it was quite emotional to see him 'put pen to paper' and JUST DO IT. The Psyco Puff blog has unfortunately been a little dormant since the first post back in August but I know Levi has a bunch of fabulous ideas and I can't wait to watch this blog expand in 2016.

3. Rum & Raisin - University Blues.
Find Rum & Raisin's blog post here:  http://rumandraisinpages.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/university-blues.html

This woman inspires me more than she will ever know. I could put every single one of her blog-posts on here, they are ALL my favourite... damn I could write a WHOLE POST about this gal. In this particular post, the author, Sian Hodkin, gives her advice for University. Ranging from 'Speak Out' to 'Don't Sweat' she embodies my every thought about University life but makes me view this period in a much more positive manner. I never thought I would say this but she made me: I'm actually EXCITED to return to University in September when my sandwich year finally comes to an end. Sian, you are UH-MAZING.

4. The Little Plum - Stop Comparing Yourself.
Find The Little Plum's blog-post here: http://www.thelittleplum.co.uk/2015/08/sunday-talks-stop-comparing-yourself.html

It was nice to see something different to The Little Plum's usual OOTD. Part of her 'Sunday Talks' series, Chloe spoke eloquently about something I think we can all relate to - comparing yourself to others. Before you stop comparing yourself to others for academic performance, you find yourself comparing your post-christmas dinner food baby to their hot bikini pics on Instagram. This can sometimes turn quite bitter and encourage self-hatred. In this post, The Little Plum begins to celebrate our differences and encourages you to do the same, spreading positivity across the blogging community.

5. Samantha Leal for Marie Claire - 5 Career Myths you Need to Stop Believing. 
Find Samantha's post here: http://www.marieclaire.com/career-advice/news/a15921/career-myths/

In this column, Samantha discourages any negative thoughts regarding chosen career paths with these 5 myths. A believer of every single one of these 5 myths, I felt a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders at the end of the post. The most significant one for me this year: '3. Dressing for the job means blazers and trousers and neutrals.' WRONG. On search for a placement for my sandwich year, I attended several interviews early this year with huge corporate companies. I woke up hours earlier than I should have done to make sure every single hair was neatly in place and that my outfit was on point. I even took a change of shoes, true Londoner style. When I got to the interviews, everyone in the office was wearing jeans! I was SO overdressed it was embarrassing. Like Samantha mentions, the CV was created in 1482 and oh how times have changed!

6. British Vogue - How to be a Healthonist.
Find British Vogue's post here: http://www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/2015/12/14/how-to-be-a-healthonist-staying-healthy-during-party-season

I know what you're thinking... WHAT THE F@** is a healthonist??? Yep, me too. But Vogue focuses on remaining healthy during the holiday season - something we can all struggle with. Determined to stick to my New Years Resolution of becoming more healthy in 2016 (I WILL do it this year) British Vogue will motivate me when it gets tough at parties. I'd prefer a cold-pressed cocktail to red wine anyway... 

Hope you're enjoying the holiday season! What are your favourite blog posts of 2015?

Ciao for now xo

photo source: bitrebels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment