Tuesday 29 December 2015

12 days of Christmas: Day 9, What I'm Thankful for 2015

In an uneven world where it's so easy to be pessimistic about the big things, it's important to focus positive energy on optimism about the little things and the hope of a harmonious future. In today's blog, I am keeping in with the theme of reflecting on the year that is almost over (and because I love lists) here is a list of the things I am thankful for in 2015 and the lessons I have learnt along the way. 

1. Health.
The simplest yet most complex of them all. It's so easy to take good health for granted, but if you take a moment to make a list of all the things that could possibly be unhealthy about you, you'll see just how lucky you are. 

2. Relationships. 
2015 presented me with both my boyfriend, Adam and a new best friend, Bianca. I can't put into words how thankful I am to have them or how much I love them both with my full heart and more - I am both of their biggest fans. We've created amazing memories together in 2015 that will stay with me for a life time. As I've entered my twenties, I've learnt to cherish such bonds with gratitude and to be thankful for the people who are thankful for you. 

3. New opportunities. 
In 2015 I have been a 1st class student, a Manager and I am now a Marketing Intern for a charity close to the nation's heart. It's been one of the more eventful of my 21 years but I've learnt to see it as a roller-coaster - there have been big drops (like REALLY big drops) but there have also been uphill shoots. In 2015, I've learnt that it's the way you perceive these positives and negatives and how you use them to your advantage that shapes the person you are. Life isn't full of mistakes, it's full of lessons.

4. Hobbies.
You're probably thinking 'WHAAAAT?' right now. Remember the guy who cycled to the Bataclan to perform 'Imagine' for those who were in mourning following the Paris attacks? One of his hobbies was music, obvi. In the same way he used his hobby to overcome the negativity, you can do the same. Had a bad day? Dance, sing, bake, make... Hobbies provide you with something to focus your negative energy on and provide a distraction from what can be a vile world. This year I have picked up new hobbies and developed the old. Not because things as awful as the Paris attacks happen every day, but to give myself something to focus on positively. 


photo source: instagram.com 
account holder: @healthyisthenewskinny

What are you thankful for this year? What have you learnt?

Ciao for now xo

No comments:

Post a Comment